Tuesday, April 26, 2016

New Friends

Here are some photos taken with my good friends Choncho and Cochino.




Hi mom. Tell Miss Daisy that I am fine. Mexico is entering in the rainy season right now which lasts from May until October so I think my nose will get better. Don't worry about sending me sunscreen or anything. I can buy some here, but you know that I don't like that kind of stuff. Plus by the time a package you send gets here I will already be back at home!!! (No, the Easter package has not arrived yet. I might get it as a 4th of July.) 

Sadly, our good friend Lazaro the turkey does not like us very much any more and always attacks us as we try to escape from the yard on our way to work! He is a pretty feisty little turkey! Every time we have to enter into the house or leave the house, one of us has to fight the turkey off while the other opens the rusty door with the rusty keys! 

My comp hates the turkey and is always fighting it off with a broom and talking bad about it. Every time we start getting close to the house, my comp begins getting nervous because the turkey is going to attack us! But I like the turkey, and sometimes I let it into the house when he isn't close by. Then when my comp discovers the turkey in the house, he comes running down stairs and chases it away. It makes me laugh pretty hard! 

This week we baptized an hermana that is super cool. She works in the marines of Mexico and this week she has to return to her base by the U.S. border. She was baptized on Saturday, confirmed yesterday and received her temple recommend so tomorrow we are going to go to the temple to do baptisms for the dead with her! It will be a great experience.

This week we held a stake activity where we turned the stake center into a plan of salvation model. We put missionaries in every room to teach the plan of salvation. In the celestial room the 4 Elders were wearing all white to make it special. (The room actually had more white than the real celestial room in the temple! It was pretty awesome. 

Gracias y nos vemos. Elder SHumway



No comments:

Post a Comment