Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Sickness!

 I heard that the US got a ton of snow this week!

 Well, everything here in Ixtapaluca is moving along pretty well. We found two less active families that are part member families and we have 6 investigators that are progressing toward a baptismal date. But the best part is that it was not super cold this week. 

Yesterday (Monday) we had a normal work day because today we went to the temple as a zone and it was an awesome experience. However, now I am sitting in a hospital room with one of the district leaders in our zone. His name is Elder Keyes and he has been feeling sick for about a week. Yesterday he coughed up blood so he went to the hospital and found out he has pneumonia and bronchitis. So after going to the temple I came here to the hospital to stay with the Elder while his comp goes home with mine to take a shower and get new clothes.

So here I am writing this email on my phone (they gave us i phones as zone leaders in Ixtapaluca because there isn't good phone reception. This phone is the most advanced technology I have ever had and I still don't know how to use it very well.) 

 Everything is awesome here in Mexico and I hope all is well at home. Pray for me so that I don't get this contagious disease and have a great week! Love Elder Shumway




No comments:

Post a Comment