Monday, October 20, 2014

Living the Life of Nacho Libre!

Every one here thinks that my name is Chinese because they pronounce it "Chum-wee." Every day I get asked if I am from China or Japan.

I was almost attacked by a dog this week for the first time, but we got away. Most of the dogs don't care about us and walk next to us or we step over them, but this one came at us from under some apartment stairs. We ran up the stairs, but when the person we where visiting wasn't there we had to go back down to face the huge dog! We used our backpacks as shields and ran from the dog. Now I know that scripture power is a real thing!"

It has rained and thunder stormed almost every day this week. On Thursday a bolt of lightning struck really close to us. It was super scary because the light and the noise happened at the exact same time!

When it starts to rain is the best time for missionary work. My comp doesn't really like the rain but I do because we help people bring in their clothes and cover their little taco stands. Everyone is at home so visiting and contacting is super easy when it s raining.

When we are in a hurry we ride in these things called moto taxis which is a little wagon behind a motorcycle. The pizza delivery guys ride motorcycles too. It's funny. Sometimes I just start laughing because the people here are all like Nacho Libre! My comp doesn't understand.

The most popular things from Nacho Libre are the little bicycles with a huge cart on the front for carrying the "Lord's cheeps" and the corn on a stick. Watch that movie as a family and that is my life with a million more people and houses. I hope you had a good two weeks with baby Scott, and I love all of you.
Elder Shumway



No comments:

Post a Comment