Wednesday, September 17, 2014

From the MTC

8-24-14

Dear Family,

It is crazy how much we have already learned here in the MTC. In only 4 days, I have taught 2 lessons to our investigator in Spanish, and committed him to baptism. I can pray perfectly in Spanish and express my thoughts and feelings pretty well. We speak only Spanish in our apartment and it is pretty fun. For Sundays, we each write a 3 minute talk to give in Spanish. I think mine was pretty good for only being here 4 days.

I have been called as District Leader. My district is the biggest one in the zone, and also the coolest! There are no conflicts between any companionships, and we have a good laugh multiple times throughout the day. But we also stay very busy and spiritual. There are some Elders with amazing stories. Elder  _________ knew that he would serve a mission before high school, but couldn't be baptized until 18 months ago because of his family. However, his testimony is amazing!

My companion is VERY different from me, but I do my best to serve him and make his bed, and we get along fine. All of the other Elders in my zone are great. There aren't any problems and we are excelling faster than other districts. We set goals to memorize our purpose, D&C 4, and the first vision in English and Spanish. We are getting there!


Please send mail and packages! It is like Christmas when a letter comes! Some days, after studying so hard in Spanish, the distraction of a letter or package is much needed!

I love you and I'm working hard!

Elder Shumway
My roommates.

No comments:

Post a Comment